A networking organization for LGBT Faculty, Staff & Graduate Students at the University of Arizona.
Specific objectives of the organization include:
1) Providing a visible presence and official voice for LGBT employees and students on campus.
2) Providing a point of contact for education and available campus and community LGBT resources.
3) Lobbying the state legislature, Board of Regents and the University administration for the rights of LGBT people on
campus; these rights include equal pay and benefits, equal opportunity, and just treatment.
4) Fostering an interdisciplinary community among LGBT employees by promoting discussions and interactions on topics that
impact LGBT faculty, academic professionals and students.
5) Providing opportunities for members to discuss professional and personal experiences in order to create a realistic
picture of academic life, develop strategies for advancement, and keep current on the status of LGBT people at the University
6) Mentoring and supporting other LGBT student groups on campus.
Back to OUTReach Home Page